Well hello there, you!
I’m so glad that you’ve stopped by my blog! From the looks of things, it seems like you’re interested in getting to know me. Well, I am flattered by that. I like to think that I’m a pretty interesting person, but I’ll try to keep this short just in case you disagree. Here are some things of note about me:
Why I am a photographer:
I’ve been interested in photography ever since I made my first pinhole camera in high school. I took a few more classes in college and continued practicing photography but ultimately decided to get my Masters of Social Work from UNC Chapel Hill. I love being a social worker, but frankly – it’s difficult. It’s difficult to be present daily for some of the hardest moments of people’s lives. Over the years I have found that while I want to continue helping people through those difficult times, I also want to be present for some of the happiest moments of people’s lives. Photography allows me the great honor of being there for those moments while also tapping into my more creative side. I absolutely love capturing life’s smiles and tears, special events and every day moments. I love that through photography I am able to help people remember special moments in a way that is both beautiful and permanent.
Other interesting nuggets:
- I’m married to an awesome guy named Andrew.
- My favorite color is yellow.
- My dog is named Professor Murray.
- I LOVE fireflies/lightening bugs – which is why they are part of my watermark and logo!
- Other things that I like a lot: Dancing. You know, freestyle. Avacados. Rice. Adventures/travel. Learning new things. Michael Jackson. Fall. Daffodils. Interesting shoes. Organizing. A good cup of coffee. Making lists. Being cozy.
So, um – your turn! What do you like? What are you looking for in a photographer? Lemme know – fill out my contact form HERE or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org OR by connecting on Facebook. I look forward to hearing from you!